AskTheComputerTech.com Privacy Practices
AskTheComputerTech.com is committed to the privacy and security of our visitors’ information and conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. The following information is a statement of our privacy practices.
- Your personal information is not required to visit AskTheComputerTech.com.
- Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only when requested/required during account registration for participation on AskTheComputerTech.com and during the ordering/checkout process.
Internet Traffic Data
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that we can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify your personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and is automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
Use of Information
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we feel is a well maintained and protected environment.
- AskTheComputerTech.com only shares personal information to billing companies such as (Stripe or Paypal, etc.) if necessary for completing transactions and for no other purpose. No other information is shared with any other third-party company for any purpose, under any circumstance.
- AskTheComputerTech.com makes every effort to preserve your privacy and personal information may be disclosed only when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
AskTheComputerTech.com takes every precaution to protect visitor information. When visitors submit sensitive information via our website, their information is protected both online and offline.
All customer information is protected by 256-bit encryption via (SSL) Secure Sockets Layer / (TLS) Transport Layer Security. (Learn more about SSL/TLS technology here.)
When you pay for membership services, your credit card payment will always be processed by industry leading payment solution providers who also maintain secure server environments.
If you have any questions about the security on AskTheComputerTech.com, feel free to contact us using our contact form.
AskTheComputerTech.com utilizes “cookie” technology to allow you to re-access your registered account profile during a web session. This mechanism is used solely for your convenience and for no other purpose.
In order to track website usage we use Google Analytics which does not allow the collection of Personal Identifiable Information; therefore, we do not link the Personable Identifiable Data mentioned above to the data collected by Google Analytics. In order to understand better which data is collected in addition to how they collect and save it, check their Terms of Service and their Safeguarding Policy.
One feature we use in Google Analytics that should be mentioned is Demographics and Interest Reporting, which sets a third party cookie on visitors’ browsers in order to provide us data on our users’ demographics and interests. You can read more about the feature in the help center. If for any reason you would like to be removed from our Google Analytics tracking, you’ll find the following links useful:
Correcting, Updating, Deleting or Deactivating Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes (phone, email, postal address, etc.), or if you no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate personally identifiable information. This can easily be accomplished by contacting us via our contact form at any time with a request to correct, update or delete said information.
Notification of Changes